Spring is the season of renewal, in everything from your home and lifestyle to your mind, body and soul. And though Spring officially begins on March 20 in the West, the Chinese feel that Spring energetically began (already) with the Chinese New Year.
No matter which day we designate to launch the season of Spring, the energy is the same: new beginnings, fresh starts, rebirth, Spring cleaning and cleansing.
Here are some easy adjustments you can make to cleanse your mind and body, while you’re cleaning out your closet:
- Take a timeout: Take a few minutes each day to pray, meditate and reflect on your life. Being grateful for everything, both the good and the bad, can change your perspective and the way your handle your life’s situation. Emphasize positive emotions like love, compassion and gratitude.
- Go outside: The weather is finally getting warmer! Take advantage of it. Go for a walk or run outside in the fresh air or just play with your kids in the grass. Getting outside and moving helps to release stress and improve your overall health. Plus you’ll get some much needed, mood-boosting Vitamin D.
- Rest: Days get longer and our calendars get even more packed. Therefore, most of us stay up a lot later during the summer months. Be sure to take care of yourself by getting enough sleep. Give your body time to recharge.
- Try something new: Take one a new hobby or craft. Trying something different will help stimulate your mind, introduce you to new people and give you an attitude boost. Bonus points if your new activity includes something that makes you get up and move, also giving you a bit of exercise.
- Release negativity: Happiness doesn’t just happen. Most people have to make the effort and choose to be happy. It’s helpful to remember that you have the power to control your thoughts, not the other way around.
- Take care of your skin: Change in seasons can often cause a ruckus for skin – whether it dries out, gets oily, or just isn’t itself. Pay attention to what your skin needs, keep it hydrated, and if you have consistent problems or concerns, consider stopping by Weiler Academy for a consultation with our Licensed Aestheticians. Skin problems are often a sign of some greater imbalance in your body.
- Take proper care of your body and muscles: It’s easy to want to go from cooped up all winter to doing everything a mile a minute outdoors. But remember to listen to your body and take note of when it has had too much, is strained, or something feels off. A particular ache here or there can be a sign of something totally unrelated. It’s something we see all the time in the practice of applied kinesiology.
As we make our way towards longer days and warmer weather, what’s on your ‘Spring refresh’ to-do list?